Born and raised in El Dorado, Arkansas, Jan studied Spanish and liberal arts at Baylor University and University of Texas at Arlington.
She and her former husband raised their two children in Albuquerque with holidays and weekends spent at their Taos Ski Valley condo. In 1987, Jan was “called” to Taos on a full time basis (like so many creative souls) by the superb skiing, beauty, culture and unequaled lifestyle.
Jan considers it a privilege to introduce newcomers to the beauty of northern New Mexico. “I love this place so much, I never tire of showing it off”, she says.
She is a painter and photographer as well as a real estate broker. First living in Taos Ski Valley, she later designed and built her own adobe home in Arroyo Seco, then sold it to experience life right in the center of the historic district in a convenient condominium. After Voose and Weezie (Cairn Terriers) joined her household, she sold the condo and moved to a custom designed home nearby. “All of this moving has reinforced to me the necessity of having a dependable guide, knowledgeable in the ins and outs of the Taos community. That’s what I do well for new Taosenos,” Jan states.
Credentials & Memberships
- Licensed New Mexico Real Estate Broker since 1992.
- Certified Residential Specialist.
- Graduate Realtor Institute.
- Former director Taos Association of Realtors.
- I’ve lived and worked in Taos full time for 30 years. My personal real estate experience includes buying and selling homes and land, new home construction, vacation rentals. I am honest and happy to share my experience with potential clients if it will assist in decision making. I’ve been with Coldwell Banker Lota Realty for 24 years, forming long term relationships with most of my clients.
Sign up for CBMP newsletters to receive the latest real estate news, including market reports, selling tips and tools, and trends.